The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you understand PRINCE2 well enough to be able to apply and tailor the methodology in a scenario situation. You should, with a suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Individual project management expertise, the complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 in your work environment will all be factors that impact what you can achieve.
Course and Learning Objectives
- Understand the relationships between processes, themes, principles and PRINCE2® products and apply this understanding to a given project scenario.
- Demonstrate the reasons behind the processes and themes of PRINCE2®, and understand the principles underpinning these elements.
- Apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®.
- Apply and tailor PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario and different project circumstances.
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the project.
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results.
Who is the certification course for?
This qualification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members, Team Managers, Product Delivery Managers, Project Assurance, Project Support, Project and Programme Office personnel and operational line managers and staff.
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
- Objective testing
- 68 questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 68 available): approximately 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book. Candidates are permitted to use the official printed hard copy of the Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® 2017 Edition. The official manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose-leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with Peoplecert for this certification.