This ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner training course provides a sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 20000 and its application to be able to analyze and apply the gained knowledge to a range of activities that would support organizations in conforming to the requirements of Part 1, and achieving and retaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification. The course covers the second edition of the standard (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011) which cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005). Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner certification test. Quint’s ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner course offers a unique series of focused sessions where participants are educated on the full potential of ISO 20000. The course provides experience-based guidelines and concepts regarding implementing ISO 20000, with special emphasis on the ‘soft’ aspects of changing an organization. This, undoubtedly, will allow for the development of essential skills to support the decision-making process and, allow for the drawing up of detailed implementation approach for the participant’s organization.
Course and Learning Objectives
At the end of this course, the student will be able to understand and be able to analyze and apply the content of ISO/IEC 20000 within currently certified organizations or those wishing to implement an SMS in preparation for initial certification. Specifically, the student will be able to:
- Understand the purpose, use and application of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of the standard
- Assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000-1 and certification
- Understand, explain and advise on issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scope definition
- Understand and explain the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 and ITSM best practices in common use and related standards
- Explain and apply the requirements of Part 1
- Explain the use of technology and tools to support the implementation and improvement of an SMS, the achievement of certification and the ongoing demonstration of conformance to Part 1
- Advice and assist in ISO/IEC 20000 certification readiness assessments
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan
- Understand, create and apply a service management plan
- Assist and advise organizations on the implementation of continual improvement processes
- Prepare organizations for the ISO 20000 certification audit using the regulations of the APMG Certification Scheme
Who is the certification for?
This qualification is aimed at practitioners, managers and consultants involved in an SMS implementation and/or on-going activities based on ISO/IEC 20000.
Students must hold ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation or ITIL® Foundation to join the Practitioner exam.