The purpose of the ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor course is to provide a sufficient understanding of ITSM generally and knowledge of the contents and requirements of the ISO 20000 standard to be able to perform audits against the standard. Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor certification test. This 20000 Auditor certification provides an effective learning environment for anyone interested in learning how to conduct the ISO/IEC 20000 process audit. The course introduces both theoretical and practical knowledge to course participants.
What you will learn
At the end of this course, the student will be able to understand the principles of IT Service Management and the requirements of the ISO 20000 standard, how it is used in a typical IT service provider organization, together with the main elements of the certification Scheme. Specifically, the student will understand:
- The background to ISO/IEC 20000
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how these can be used during auditing and certification
- The key terms and definitions used
- IT Service Management general principles
- The structure and application of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- The requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The relationship with best practices and related standards – specifically ITIL®, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001
Who is the certification for?
This ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor course is aimed at existing third-party or internal auditors who wish to understand the specific requirements of auditing IT Service Management Systems for conformance with the ISO standard.
Candidates are required to have a minimum of three years’ experience of auditing in an IT environment since the course does not cover generic principles of Management System auditing.
* Quint is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) with APMG for this certification.