LanguageCert International ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) is a set of internationally recognised, Ofqual regulated English language exams, mapped to the CEFR. These exams are intended for non-native English speakers worldwide who need to provide documented evidence of their English language level for study, employment or leisure purposes. Written (Listening, Reading, Writing) and Spoken (Speaking) exams can be taken independently of each other.
LanguageCert International ESOL exam levels:
- A1 Preliminary exams: Written | Speaking (coming soon)
- A2 Access exams: Written | Speaking
- B1 Achiever exams: Written | Speaking
- B2 Communicator exams: Written | Speaking
- C1 Expert exams: Written | Speaking
- C2 Mastery exams: Written | Speaking
About LanguageCert International ESOL C2:
- Leads to two separate certificates: Written and Spoken
- Both exams can be taken together or independently of each other
C2 Mastery level written exam:
- Online exam with remote, live invigilation
- Duration 3 hours 10 minutes
At C2 level, candidates can:
- communicate spontaneously, fluently and precisely in virtually any situation
- understand almost everything heard or read
- summarise and reconstruct arguments and accounts coherently
- differentiate finer shades of meaning in complex situations
Candidates at C2 level have mastered English to an exceptional level, possessing the language skills needed to work in a senior professional or study in high-level academic environments (e.g. Master’s or PhD).
*Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), developed by the Council of Europe, is widely used to describe levels of language proficiency.