LanguageCert International ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) is a set of internationally recognised, Ofqual regulated English language exams, mapped to the CEFR. These exams are intended for non-native English speakers worldwide who need to provide documented evidence of their English language level for study, employment or leisure purposes. Written (Listening, Reading, Writing) and Spoken (Speaking) exams can be taken independently of each other.
LanguageCert International ESOL exam levels:
- A1 Preliminary exams: Written | Speaking (coming soon)
- A2 Access exams: Written | Speaking
- B1 Achiever exams: Written | Speaking
- B2 Communicator exams: Written | Speaking
- C1 Expert exams: Written | Speaking
- C2 Mastery exams: Written | Speaking
About LanguageCert International ESOL C1:
- Leads to two separate certificates: Written and Spoken
- Both exams can be taken together or independently of each other
C1 Expert level written exam:
- Online exam with remote, live invigilation
- Duration 3 hours 10 minutes
At C1 level, candidates can:
- use language fluently and spontaneously
- engage in discussion clearly and effectively
- produce well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects
- understand long, demanding texts and recognise implicit meanings
- communicate in social, academic of professional environments in English speaking countries
Candidates at C1 level possess the language skills that most employers seek for high calibre English-equipped employees.
*Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), developed by the Council of Europe, is widely used to describe levels of language proficiency.