LanguageCert International ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) is a set of internationally recognised, Ofqual regulated English language exams, mapped to the CEFR. These exams are intended for non-native English speakers worldwide who need to provide documented evidence of their English language level for study, employment or leisure purposes. Written (Listening, Reading, Writing) and Spoken (Speaking) exams can be taken independently of each other.
LanguageCert International ESOL exam levels:
- A1 Preliminary exams: Written | Speaking (coming soon)
- A2 Access exams: Written | Speaking
- B1 Achiever exams: Written | Speaking
- B2 Communicator exams: Written | Speaking
- C1 Expert exams: Written | Speaking
- C2 Mastery exams: Written | Speaking
About LanguageCert International ESOL B2:
- Leads to two separate certificates: Written and Spoken
- Both exams can be taken together or independently of each other
B2 Communicator level spoken exam:
- Online exam with a live interlocutor
- Duration 13 minutes
At B2 level, candidates can:
- communicate in detail, travel, live and work independently in an English-speaking country
- spontaneously interact with a degree of fluency without much strain on either party
- follow the news, TV and radio channels
- write emails, texts, letters, reports and stories etc.
*Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), developed by the Council of Europe, is widely used to describe levels of language proficiency.